Arkivverket
Sign in to follow this  
Hans Petter Engh

4th remote cousin

Hans Petter Engh

Jeg har fått et 4th remote cousinmatch i min Family Finder test.

Kan det bety at vedkommende har en felles ane med min 2 ganger Tipp et sted i mitt tre?

Svein Arnolf Bjørndal

Det kan det bety. Men slektskapet kan også ligge lenger tilbake.

Ken V. Nordberg

Det er vel FamilyTreeDNA's Family Finder test vi snakker om her? FamilyTreeDNA svarer selv på dette spørsmålet på sin side der de sier:

Yes, the actual genealogical relationship between you and your cousin may be closer or more distant than the suggested relationship. The Suggested Relationship column tells you the most probable relationship. When comparing pedigrees though, you should first look at the Relationship Range column on your Family Finder match list. It is the more important of the two calculations when searching conventional genealogical records.

Så selv om det kan bety akkurat det du selv sier i innlegg #1, så kan slektskapet også være nærmere eller fjernere.