Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Brev fra California, Jenny Hatleset, Eikefjord. Holsen, Førde

Leiv Skjerve
 Del

The stone also contains another name, Ingeborg Leversund. The death date in the gravminner database is wrong, since there is no Ingeborg Leversund in the church register of neither Bru nor Eikefjord in 1916. Ingeborg turns out to be Lars Henriksen's former wife:

Lars and Ingeborg at Leversund in 1900.

Ingeborg actually died on March 30th 1910.

Kildeinformasjon: Sogn og Fjordane fylke, Bru (Svanøy) i Kinn, Klokkerbok nr. C 2 (1869-1918), Døde og begravede 1910, side 373.

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=6904&idx_id=6904&uid=ny&idx_side=-269

Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverk...70115320583.jpg

and as we already know, Lars emigrated to the U.S.A. the same year.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ingeborg Jørgensdaughter's christening in Florø in 1875 (# 118):

Kildeinformasjon: Sogn og Fjordane fylke, Kinn, Ministerialbok nr. A 6 (1857-1885), Fødte og døpte 1875, side 197.

Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverk...y&idx_side=-201

Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverk...70112350517.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

........are we related ?....just kidding!!

Well, we could very well have been, but as far as I can tell, we're not.

:rolleyes: Torodd

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I can send a question to Statsarkivet in Bergen for information about her husband and childs.

mvh Egil

I have now got an answer from Statsarkivet i Bergen.

Anna Samsonsdtr Leversund's husband were farmer Lars Henriksen Leversund. The death report says that she died 7 May 1928, 61 years old, and that she left behind a husband and two legal age children. 1 child was death in America and had left behind his three children.

mvh Egil

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have now got an answer from Statsarkivet i Bergen.

Anna Samsonsdtr Leversund's husband were farmer Lars Henriksen Leversund. The death report says that she died 7 May 1928, 61 years old, and that she left behind a husband and two legal age children. 1 child was death in America and had left behind his three children.

mvh Egil

Hi Egil,

Wow....The child dead in America was Jenny, my husband's grandmother, I assume.With only two years apart in death, this would have been hard for any family to handle....it sheds new light on Inga's & Elmer's adversity. Does the report say where she is buried or what she died of ? Is it possible to get a copy of the report? Would this report be considered a primary source in genealogy?

In America there would have been a cost for this report, please let me know what I can do to cover any cost.

Egil...cannot thank you enough!!!! Praying for things you have wished to come true...blessings to you, Tamara

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Egil,

Wow....The child dead in America was Jenny, my husband's grandmother, I assume.With only two years apart in death, this would have been hard for any family to handle....it sheds new light on Inga's & Elmer's adversity. Does the report say where she is buried or what she died of ? Is it possible to get a copy of the report? Would this report be considered a primary source in genealogy?

In America there would have been a cost for this report, please let me know what I can do to cover any cost.

Egil...cannot thank you enough!!!! Praying for things you have wished to come true...blessings to you, Tamara

Hello Tamara, I am glad I could help.

I have asked Statsarkivet i Bergen to scan the church records and the deathreport. There is no cost for this.

The information in the deathreport given by the police shortly after she died. I'm not sure if we can consider this to be a primary source, but the information is reliable.

Egil

Am I reading this right............... Lars Immigrated as widowed on the "20th" and his wife died on the"30th"....?

Ingeborg died the 30th of march 1910 and was buried the 6th of april. Lars emigrated the 20th of may, so there was a short time between her funeral and his emigration.

Egil.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Tamara, I am glad I could help.

I have asked Statsarkivet i Bergen to scan the church records and the deathreport. There is no cost for this.

The information in the deathreport given by the police shortly after she died. I'm not sure if we can consider this to be a primary source, but the information is reliable.

Egil

Ingeborg died the 30th of march 1910 and was buried the 6th of april. Lars emigrated the 20th of may, so there was a short time between her funeral and his emigration.

Egil.

Just now had a chance to see the new emails.....been on grandma duty. Thank you!!!!

The people at the Statsarkivet in Bergen have scanned the death report: Link

This is wonderful....thank you for all of your time and considerations!!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

From the newspaper Firda Folkeblad on Monday May 27th 1963 (found through "Bokhylla" search at the Nasjonalbiblioteket):

post-77-0-31887000-1352655199_thumb.jpg

Our dear father, my stepfather, our kind grandfather and great grandfather, my brother, our brother-in-law and uncle

Lars Leversund

died quietly today in belief in his savior, 88 years old.

Leversund May 23rd 1963

(...)

Inga Hatleseth (stepdaughter)

Laurits Leversund (brother)

grandchildren, great grandchildren, sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law

Seremony in Eikefjord Church on Wednesday May 29th at 13:00

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

From the newspaper Firda Folkeblad on Monday May 27th 1963 (found through "Bokhylla" search at the Nasjonalbiblioteket):

post-77-0-31887000-1352655199_thumb.jpg

Our dear father, my stepfather, our kind grandfather and great grandfather, my brother, our brother-in-law and uncle

Lars Leversund

died quietly today in belief in his savior, 88 years old.

Leversund May 23rd 1963

(...)

Inga Hatleseth (stepdaughter)

Laurits Leversund (brother)

grandchildren, great grandchildren, sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law

Seremony in Eikefjord Church on Wednesday May 29th at 13:00

Thank you so much...I cannot believe you are still finding more information! Wonderful. I've be sick so have not been active on here. I'm still processing all the information you all have gifted me. But I have to tell you , Torbjorn, that because of all the help I now have made contact with both sides, paternal and maternal. Family on the Paternal (Bertelsen) has been trying to find us in America for many years. The Bertelsen Mattland gang in Norway is very excited as we here in America are.

Many ,many thanks.....Tamara :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 5 år senere...