Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

"Av Sør-trøndelag inf.regiment nr. 12`s historie" by Hjalmar I Sunde

Tybring Hemphill
 Del

I wonder if anyone has access to the book "Av Sør-trøndelag inf.regiment nr. 12`s historie: med møre - og trøndersoldater fra muskett til rakett" written by Hjalmar I Sunde. This regiment is the former "2. Trondhjemske inf.regiment" to which my ancestor Loitenant Emanuel Junge Charisius/Carisius was posted between 1710-1727. I am especially trying to learn where exactly he was posted in the years 1710-1721 as that is when he was married and I hope to find some record of his marriage but do not know in what parish to look. Thanks for any help.

Tybring

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I don't think you will find any details of single officers in this book by Hjalmar Sunde (I have i, but not available at the time being).

Try the first volume of Olai Ovenstads biographies of officers in the Norwegian army up until 1814: http://old.genealogi.no/kilder/mil/ovenstad/ovenstad_bd_1/index.html

Search for Carisius and you will find his biography on page 203.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Arnfinn,

Thank you for the reply. Another member had suggested to me that this book might be a good source in response to another inquiry I made about Emanuel Charisius. That is too bad that it does not provide the kind of detail I need. I have already reviewed Ovenstad and he is the source for the information that I do have - unfortunately he does not explain where Emanuel was living 1710-1721. Thank you for your input.

Tybring

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It's hard to decide where anyone lived with detail in this period. Also, keep in mind that this is during the Great Northern War, and that as an officer he was likely to have been involved - and hence stationed away from any place of recidence for at least parts of this period.

Edit: As far as I have found, parts of the Trondhjemske regiments particiated in the war on the continent. They were led by Vincents Budde, the commanding officer of the 2. Trondhjemske, so there is a good chance your ancestor participated in this campaign. They were at Tönning (1713), Rügen, Stralsund (1715) and participated in the Battle of Moss (1716). Later, Budde led the defence of Trondheim agains a swedish campaign led by general Armfeldt (1718).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Håvard, Thank you so much for your informative reply. I had not really thought too much about the regiment beingdeployed away from Trondheim,but it makes perfect sense that that would occur. As I looked at your list of battles it struck me that Moss is very close to Rakkestad, which was the home of Fredrik Flyg. Fredrik Flyg was the foged at Rakkestad. He was married to Mette Marie Bjørn. Her parents were Matthias Bjørn and Dorthe Meng. Fredrik died in 1707. His son Poul Friderich Flyg, born ca. 1690 was a second lieutenant in the Smålands infanteriregiment beginning in 1713. If Emanuel had been posted to the area of Moss, it is possible that he could there have met his wife Mette Dorothea Flug. She has never been positively identified as a daughter of Fredrik Flyg, but the similar given names and both men (Emanuel and Poul) at the same rank and in the same location, makes for a compelling argument. Fredrik also had children Mathias Henrik Flyg, born ca, 1684, Bjørn Flyg, Rebekka Dorothea Flyg, born 1685, Dorothea Maria Flyg. Mette Dorothea Flyg is supposed to have been born about 1700 according to her record of burial, although often that underestimates. So Poul Flyg could be her older brother with whom she stayed after her father died. It is an interesting hypothesis made possible based on your suggestion about the posting of the regiment near Moss. I would be interested to hear anyone's thoughts on whether it is valid hypothesis.

Tybring

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider