Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Carl Gustav Carlsen, help with seaman's records (part 2) **More

Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Carl Gustav Carlsen was trransferred to the sailors roll as number 9253 in 1906, at the age of 20. He registered as a deckhand on Ocean Sept. 18, 1906 in Porsgrunn, and Dec. 3, 1906 he transferred to Elaiqve.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you again, Yngve!

I believe the last ship mentioned is the "Unique", and that he registered at Tønsberg, correct? This matches the information he provided on his "Declaration of Intention" to become a US Citizen. However, on his Declaration, he stated that he got off the ship (Unique) in Baltimore in 23 Nov 1908, almost two years after signing on. Is that possible, or is it more likely that he just got the year wrong?

Also, do you know, what are the numbers in the far right column? "5329/30 Mdr?"

Does "Udl" meant that the ship was bound for a foreign country?

Finally, am I correct that there is no record of him returning to Norway after signing on to the Unique?

I appreciate your help.

mvh

Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider