Arkivverket
Sign in to follow this  
Ralph Pedersen

Frederike Elisabeth Wenzel- What is the connection?

Ralph Pedersen

Greetings,

I am a descendent of Johan Friederich Runge, a German glassblower who settled in Norway in the 1780s. I have been tracing my family tree- thanks in large part to the publications of Anne Minken- and I have run into a trouble spot concerning the lineage of Frederike Elisabeth Wenzel (or Wentzel). She was the wife of Johan Friderik Runge, and the mother of Frantz Theodor Runge, also called Rogn. Frantz Theodor was the grandfather of my grandmother Asta Andrea Ottesen of Ringdal, Hedrum, Vestfold. If anyone can help put me on the right track, I would be most appreciative!

My apologies for writing in English- my Norwegian is not good.

Ralph Pedersen

Anne Gro Ek

The marriage from 1829, #2 and 3 should be the right one. Johan Fredrik Runge is 26, Fredrikke Elisabeth Wentzel is 24. Year of birth is (about) 1803 for him, 1805 for her. If the familiy in cencus 1801 is the right one, Friderica Elisabeth Wentzel was born about 1794 and she matches the one in #8.

Her death in 1843 matches the same girl born in 1794, but is the gap between her birth, her age at the wedding and the age at her death too much?

I'm also a Wentzel descendant and I think this could be the family of Fredrikke Elisabeth Wentzel, wife of Johan Fridrich Runge:

In this thread, "Eidsvoll #111", I think Anne Minken writes about the same Fredrikke Elisabeth Wentzel (Holm) mentioned in #8, and this would be the same family as in cencus 1801 in #5. I'll try to translate:

Gustavus/Just Holm came from Germany, worked probably some years in Sweden before coming to Norway. His contract, written and signed in german on April the 30th 1754 at Nøstetangen is kept at the State Archive, but mentioned in G.E. Christiansens 'De gamle privilegerte norske glassverker og Christiania Glasmagasin'. In this 3 volumes from 1939 this family is featured. In this volumes names and date errors can occur. Christian, Frantz and Johans are brothers, Maria Elisabeth is their sister. Their mother Bodil/Boel is wrongly called 'Hansdatter' in the cencus. She is othewise called Monsdatter or Mogensdatter. Anne Minken says also that she has some information about the Holm family.

Opinions?

Anne