Arkivverket
Sign in to follow this  
Rebecca Johnson

Question about death record for John Mortensen

Rebecca Johnson

Hello.  It has been some time since I have posted so I hope this is the right forum.

I am a little confused about the death record for John Mortensen.  He died 14 Jan 1866 in Sørreisa, Troms but it looks like he was not buried until June?  In the far right column there are comments but I do not understand what they say.  Is someone able to translate the record for me so I understand why he was buried so much later than his death?

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/2911/296

Andrea C Knagenhjelm
21 hours ago, Rebecca Johnson said:

Hello.  It has been some time since I have posted so I hope this is the right forum.

I am a little confused about the death record for John Mortensen.  He died 14 Jan 1866 in Sørreisa, Troms but it looks like he was not buried until June?  In the far right column there are comments but I do not understand what they say.  Is someone able to translate the record for me so I understand why he was buried so much later than his death?

https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/view/2911/296

Hi Rebecca, the far right page is for still births. They have nothing to do with your ancestor. Why the long wait for burial I do not know, I see more burials that are the same length. Sorry that I could not give you more help in the odd record.

Rebecca Johnson

Hi Andrea.  Thank you.  I have seen another one in my tree that is like that as well.  Where the person is buried a couple of months after the death.  It is strange.