Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Archival files for the Gestapo in Oslo

Rebecca Friedman
 Del

I am new to this forum and to the Arkivverket.  Can anyone please advise me where in the archive the files of the Gestapo in Oslo from around 1941/2 can be found as well as documentation pertaining to the emigration of German and Polish Jews to Norway around 1940?  Are there specific archivists at the Arkivverket to whom I can write directly?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...

Records from the Gestapo in Norway were completely destroyed before the liberation of Norway in May 1945. Therefore, The National Archives of Norway holds hardly any records from the Gestapo in Norway.

Information about Polish and German Jews that migrated to Norway before 1940 may possibly be found in archive RA/S-1561 Sentralpasskontoret/Statens utlendingskontor [The Central Passport Office/The National Office for Foreigners], series Cej, item 1 – Deported Jews (arriving from about 1913). However, access to this item is restricted and you will have to apply for access. Information on how to apply can be found on our website: https://www.arkivverket.no/en/using-the-archives/access-to-recent-archival-material.

If you know the names of the migrants in question, you might also find them among the questionnaires for Jews living in Norway in 1942. These questionnaires have been digitized and can be found on the Digital Archives, see: https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/db/browse?archives%5B0%5D=no-a1450-01000001342296 (Jødeaksjonene og reisekontroll. Jødeaksjoner).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider