Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

where is Itswell Station (or Iswell) Norway

Neva
 Del

Ole Everson was born in Norway on 30 September 1866 and immigrated to Wisconsin, U.S.A. in August 1880 on the S.S. Rolo (according to his naturalization papers). Also according to those papers he was born in either "Iswell, Norway" or "Itswell Station, Norway". I can find no sign of either place. Does anyone know the parish, town, or farm he may be referring to?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It ought to be possible to find his emigration from Norway. As he is only 14 years at the time he has probably traveled with somebody else. Do you know who that can be? I suppose that Everson also could be Iversen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I would like to know the names of his parents and where his family lived in Wisconsin?

If possible.

Endret av Randi Elisabeth Haugros
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

9 timer siden, Neva skrev:

Ole Everson was born in Norway on 30 September 1866 and immigrated to Wisconsin, U.S.A. in August 1880 on the S.S. Rolo (according to his naturalization papers). Also according to those papers he was born in either "Iswell, Norway" or "Itswell Station, Norway". I can find no sign of either place. Does anyone know the parish, town, or farm he may be referring to?

Eidsvoll?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It could be Ole Syvert born 30th September 1866 to parents Even Sørensen and Maren Halvorsdatter, Sanderhagen, Eidsvoll (Parish records for Langset, Eidsvoll)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ole m familie i 1910:

Name: Ole Everson
Age in 1910: 44
Birth Year: abt 1866
[abt 1856] 
Birthplace: Norway
Home in 1910: Springfield, Saint Croix, Wisconsin
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1882
Relation to Head of House: Head
Marital Status: Married
Spouse's Name: Louisa Everson
Father's Birthplace: Norway
Mother's Birthplace: Norway
Native Tongue: English
Industry: Home Farm
Employer, Employee or Other: Employer
Home Owned or Rented: Rent
Farm or House: Farm
Naturalization Status: Naturalized
Able to Read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Years Married: 20
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Ole Everson 44
Louisa Everson 42
Severt Everson 19
Oscar Everson 15
Herman Everson 13
Anna Everson 10
Mary Everson 6
Emma Everson 4
Willie Evers
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ole Syvertsen Evensen, innlegg 8, born 1866 Eidsvoll, left Eidsvoll in 1883, he went to Amerika.

SAO, Eidsvoll prestekontor Kirkebøker, F/Fb/L0001: Ministerialbok nr. II 1, 1882-1897, s. 166
Brukslenke for sidevisning: https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20060313010576

Ole Syvertsen was born 30. september. 1866, parents Even Sørensen and Maren Halvorsdatter Sanderhagen. Se 42:

SAO, Eidsvoll prestekontor Kirkebøker, G/Gb/L0001: Klokkerbok nr. II 1, 1861-1877, s. 74-75
Brukslenke for sidevisning: https://www.digitalarkivet.no/kb20050627010358

Itswell station = Eidsvoll sogn (parish). 

Endret av Randi Elisabeth Haugros
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

46 minutter siden, Randi Elisabeth Haugros skrev:

Itswell station = Eidsvoll sogn (parish). 

It could also refer to the Eidsvoll railway station, which was the terminal station for the first Norwegian railway line.

• Liker 3
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider