Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Where did Hans Amundsøn b. ~1653 came from?

Reina Pol
 Del

In 1701 Hans Amundsøn is mentioned in Mantall Aas for Birkenes sogn i Tveit prestegjeld.

<http://gda.arkivverket.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=1&filnamn=mt10131701birk&gardpostnr=32&personpostnr=163&merk=163#ovre>

There is also information about him at the gård Østre Ås in the book of Johan Tveite:  Birkenes I Gard og Grend page nr 566 and 567

In 1707 his probate record is known. He was married to Birgitte Torgiusdatter:

<https://media.digitalarkivet.no/view/39940/35223>

This couple had one daughter: Sigrid (Siri) Hansdatter married to Knud Søfrensen

However there is no information where Hans Amundsøn (neither Knud Søfrensen) came from

My question:

Is it possible somehow to get more information about the origin of Hans Amundsøn and of Knud Søfrensen?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Reina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here is the probate register card for Knut Sørensen 1724:

Aust-Agder fylke, Nedenes, Skiftekort, Dokumentside, Side 35233
Permanent bilde-ID: sk11214090935233
Brukslenke for sidevisning: https://www.digitalarkivet.no/sk11214090935233
Permanent bildelenke: URN:NBN:no-a1450-sk11214090935233.jpg 
I guess Berthe is named after her maternal grandmother, and Anne is named after her paternal grandmother. Knut's parents then might be Søren and Anne. 

Endret av Grethe Flood
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you very much Grethe!

Yes,  his daughter Birthe Knudsatter (2 years old at the skifteprotocol) is my ancestor. Knud Sørensen of course and Hans Amundsøn are thus also my ancestors.

Birthe Knudsdatter was married later in time in 1750 to  Hans Larsen Grømstad. They were married in Fjære. 

In the Birkenes I bygdebøk of Johan Tveite there is no more information about the origin of Knud Sørensen neither of Hans Amundsøn.

I wonder if Hans Amundsøn b.~1653 could have come from Sweden.

Could the Swedish immigrants have come that far to Southern in Norway in the timeframe before 1700?

Unfortunately I have no acces to other history books of Birkenes.

Reina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It's rarely possible to trace Norwegian ancestors beyond the mid-17th century. Before this time the sources are very sparse, and consist mainly of landed tax records.

Hans Amundsen is a rather common name, and the larger the area that you'll search for him, the more Hans Amundsens will eventually show up, and it becomes increasingly difficult to single out one of them. I wouldn't say that him coming from Sweden would be outright impossible, but it's highly improbable unless you've got very specific records saying so.

There's a lot of fantasy genealogy out there connecting Swedes and Norwegians, mostly made up by Mormons before the Internet, when they were sitting with indexes of names and dates. If they found two roughly contemporary persons with the same name they would likely be connected, even if they lived hundreds of miles apart. They've created quite a mess, and today there's a sea of unsourced family trees on the Web blithely repeating those faulty connections.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Leif,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, you are right. And I am also aware of the fantasies and failures in genealogy.

Forget about my question about the Swedish. You are right: there are no specific records to prove such an assumption. 

However, I once was very lucky to get a reliable ancestral line back in time at this forum.

So my idea was to ask if somebody knew more about the family of Hans Amundsøn timebackwards. 

I have no acces to other farmhistory books in Birkenes (except from the book of Johan Tveite).

Hans Amundsøn might have been mentioned in other books as well.

Reina

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider