Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Johan Carl Palmstrom Death Certificate

Mark Peterson
 Del

Why did you state "it's on his Australian Death Certfificate" ? Is it correct to understand it is not, given the information in the previous post's?

På 2.8.2019 den 3.16, Mark Peterson skrev:

and we know that Charles Peterson ( Johan Carl Pedersen Palmstrom ) was Born in Arendal, Norway in 1829, it’s on his Australian Death Certificate. 

Endret av Egil Johannessen
  • Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

11 timer siden, Kristian Hunskaar (privat) skrev:

Charles Peterson and his wife Ellen arrived in Melbourne 24th January 1856 from New York on the ship Gertrude.

The Victoria, Australia, Assisted and Unassisted Passenger Lists, 1839-1923
Name:    C Peterson
Estimated birth year:    abt 1833
Arrival Date:    24 Jan 1856
Arrival Port:    Melbourne, Australia
Departure Port:    New York
Ship:    Gertrude
Nationality:    Foreigner

20b3726746ebef3ffde055c6bab7c723.png

4cfb08c523b923faef155dabbfb75f74.png

At the arrival his age was 23 (born ca 1833). 

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

52 minutes ago, Egil Johannessen said:

Why did you state "it's on his Australian Death Certfificate" ? Is it correct to understand it is not, given the information in the previous post's?

I will get back to you with the death certificate info shortly. Thx Mark Peterson

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

14 minutes ago, Egil Johannessen said:

The Victoria, Australia, Assisted and Unassisted Passenger Lists, 1839-1923
Name:    C Peterson
Estimated birth year:    abt 1833
Arrival Date:    24 Jan 1856
Arrival Port:    Melbourne, Australia
Departure Port:    New York
Ship:    Gertrude
Nationality:    Foreigner

20b3726746ebef3ffde055c6bab7c723.png

4cfb08c523b923faef155dabbfb75f74.png

At the arrival his age was 23 (born ca 1833). 

Yes, only estimated birth year. Thx Mark Peterson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

11 timer siden, Kristian Hunskaar (privat) skrev:

Their oldest child Caroline was born 14th December 1855, and on her birth certificate it is stated that Charles Peterson was a miner, and that he was 27 years of age and born in Arendal, Norway.

It states she was born in South Durham 14 Dec 1855  -  how is that possible if they arrived on the ship "Gertrude" from New York 24 January 1856?

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

13 timer siden, Mark Peterson skrev:

No it doesn’t say his original name was Johan Carl Palmstrom. His name in Australia was Charles Peterson. My fathers aunt told him as a child that our family were originally from Sweden and then Norway. On his children’s baptism certificates, it says he was born in Arendal in 1829. 

50BA5B30-B9BD-4B4F-8496-8BC8A5B13BC6.png

It looks like the birth is registered (or something is) 10th January 1859 (3rd column from right) - which probably means Charles age is 27 at the point of reg. (27) = born ca 1832.

Mark; could you please enclose the head of the columns so we can see what they entail?

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

11 minutter siden, Mark Peterson skrev:

Yes, only estimated birth year. Thx Mark Peterson

But Mark, all years (ie. children's birth certificates) are estimated birth years which is Kristian's point:

972ef194a486e30ad105fe7842c94c22.png

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

8 minutter siden, Egil Johannessen skrev:

It looks like the birth is registered (or something is) 10th January 1859 (3rd column from right) - which probably means Charles age is 27 at the point of reg. (27) = born ca 1932.

Mark; could you please enclose the head of the columns so we can see what they entail?

Ikke 1932,men 1832. 

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

15 minutes ago, Mark Peterson said:

No not yet. Thx Mark Peterson

9 minutes ago, Egil Johannessen said:

It looks like the birth is registered (or something is) 10th January 1859 (3rd column from right) - which probably means Charles age is 27 at the point of reg. (27) = born ca 1932.

Sorry but that is how I received it from another person looking into Charles Peterson. I will check with my parents to see if they have a full copy. Thx Mark Peterson

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

20 minutes ago, Egil Johannessen said:

It states she was born in South Durham 14 Dec 1855  -  how is that possible if they arrived on the ship "Gertrude" from New York 24 January 1856?

That wasn’t Charles and Ellen Peterson’s 1st child. Their 1st child was named Anna Maria Peterson.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

7 minutter siden, Egil Johannessen skrev:

When was she born?

If this is the one you mean, she wasn't the first child since Charlotte was born 14th Dec 1855.

The Australia, Birth Index, 1788-1922
Name:    Ammy Peterson
Birth Date:    Abt 1856
Birth Place:    Byong, Victoria
Registration Year:    1856
Registration Place:    Victoria, Australia
Father:    Charles Peterson
Mother:    Ellen Cavendish ??
Registration Number:    12620

From Ancestry

8fc95a3f7342e77815d230b46aeb27ac.png

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

3 minutes ago, Egil Johannessen said:

If this is the one you mean, she wasn't the first child since Charlotte was born 14th Dec 1855.

The Australia, Birth Index, 1788-1922
Name:    Ammy Peterson
Birth Date:    Abt 1856
Birth Place:    Byong, Victoria
Registration Year:    1856
Registration Place:    Victoria, Australia
Father:    Charles Peterson
Mother:    Ellen Cavendish ??
Registration Number:    12620

From Ancestry

8fc95a3f7342e77815d230b46aeb27ac.png

From Mark Peterson site on Ancestry

6d3adae6652e3eeb31c69481dae4541e.png

Thx. This is the one I have, but I’ll have to double check it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1 minute ago, Mark Peterson said:

From Mark Peterson site on Ancestry

6d3adae6652e3eeb31c69481dae4541e.png

Thx. This is the one I have, but I’ll have to double check it.

No Charlotte wasn’t born on the ship. Something not quite right there. They hadn’t even arrived in Australia until 24th January 1856. Thx Mark Peterson.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

5 minutter siden, Mark Peterson skrev:

No Charlotte wasn’t born on the ship.

No one has stated she was born on the ship - I'm merely quoting from the document you provided regarding Charlotte (in the first column it states date and place, presumably her birth) - thus why I was asking to see the head columns to be able to determine what each columns entail.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1 minute ago, Egil Johannessen said:

No one has stated she was born on the ship - I'm merely quoting from the document you provided regarding Charlotte (in the first column it states date and place, presumably her birth) - thus why I was asking to see the head columns to be able to determine what each columns entail.

Ok sorry. So no she wasn’t born on the ship named Gertrude and I’m pretty sure Charlotte was the 2nd child born in 1858. Maybe that certificate is wrong or for something else. Thx Mark Peterson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

9 minutes ago, Mark Peterson said:

3B272CEF-7AF5-45CC-84AB-67C6350BA3BF.png

I do think this date in the 1st column is wrong. Also South Durham, now Durham Lead is in Victoria, Australia, right next to Mount Doran where Clement Niece Peterson was born.

Endret av Mark Peterson
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It's not the best quality, but I hope it's readable.

Column             1                                                  2                                    3                                  4                                          5                                                      6

Columns 1-6.jpg

Column                                             1                                                                                                                    2

2 first col.jpg

Column 3                                                 4                                                                                5                                                                                           6

3 to 6 col.jpg

Column                  7                                                                      8                                                       9                                        10

Columns 7-11.jpg

Column                       7                                                                                          8                                                                        9                                                   10

7 col etc.jpg

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

7 minutes ago, Egil Johannessen said:

It's not the best quality, but I think it's readable.

Columns 1-6.jpg

Columns 7-11.jpg

2 first col.jpg

3 to 6 col.jpg

7 col etc.jpg

Yes thx, but I think the date in the 1st column is wrong.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It would be nice to see a higher quality image to be able to read all - however what does it say in 5 column regrading Marriage`?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider