Arkivverket
Murray Rystead

Landhandler - Hylestad

Murray Rystead

Hi,

Could anyone translate the information pertaining to the landhandleri that Knut Tarjeisson Helle, the one who lived at Roysi?

Screenshot_20190923-191341.png

Jon Erik Berg-Hansen

I can only see Knut mentioned as Landhandler in 1865 on Røysi on Rystad (text says: Location = now Hyllestad Auto).

Generally speaking, you should not expect users of this forum to do extensive translations.

Murray Rystead

Hey, sorry ... I will make sure not to request such a thing in the future. Thank you all for your patience and also for providing me with the info requested.

Ivar S. Ertesvåg

There might be a confusion here....

- translating a few lines will not be a problem. In most cases some forum member will do it (as Jon Erik #2 has demonstrated).

- asking for a translation of a long passage/full page(s) can not be expected. If you ask, it may happen that someone do - but probably not.

Strictly, this is not a problem (we should just ignore the request if we do not have time). We should not even bother if you start complaining

that no-one helped you. However, it might be a human reaction to get a bit annoyed about such complaints (still hypothetical here).

And ... I read # 2 as a gentle advice, rather than expressing annoyment or similar.

At first glance, your posting here looks like a request for a full page translation.

To be more strict, you are asking for a translation of the relevant 1,5 lines  (which Jon Erik already did in #2).

However, if you did not know whether 2 or 40 lines were of interest, you didnot know if you asked for 2 or 40 lines.

Edited by Ivar S. Ertesvåg

Murray Rystead

Hi Ivar,

I should have been clearer.

I really only wanted info on Knut Tarjeisson Helle. But I couldn't tell if he was mentioned anywhere else on the page.
Sorry for the confusion. I know translating a whole page is a lot of work and wouldn't want to push that on anybody.