Arkivverket

Just joined

Donna Hammock

Just joined and am not able to read Norwegian. Is there a place on this site that could help me with my ancestors?  My mother was full-blooded Norwegian and would love to find anyone who may be a relative

Thank you so much

Donna Hammock

Welcome. We can hep you with your ancestors. We have a rule where we don’t post about anyone living. There’s privacy and safety concerns to consider when it comes to the living. 

But if you have any details about your deceased ancestors, then we can help you find more. Our youngest public census is 1920 so maybe you have any information about a relative that was born before that? Post what you have in «Brukernes eget forum». It’s where we ask other genealogists for help. 

Thank you so very much but my grandmother died years ago.  None of the people I would ask about I know have to be deceased