Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#552] Sande Emigrants Database Problems

Gjest John Bohlig
 Del

Gjest John Bohlig

There are two major problems with the Sande Emigrants site: a) What should be listed below each category heading at the top of the page has been shifted so that it falls into the category to its right. Going across the categories, we have, for example, Migration Day, then Month, then Year, the Given Name, etc. The Day, however, is given under the Month, the month under the Year, and the year under Given Name. Any search made where one chooses the category one wishes to search must be made unter the category to its right. So if one wishes to search for emigrants in 1843, you cannot put that year into the Year of Leaving category. You must enter it into the Given Name. This is not the worst problem if you just understand that searches must be made under a different category than expected. But this problem needs to be noted for anyone doing searches in this database. b) The records of Emigrants for the years between 1847 to 1878 are not included in the database. I know they exist because I have consulted the records for 1852, when three of my great great grandparents left with their families, which included two of my great grandparents.I hope I have placed this message in the correct location. If not, I hope someone will see that it gets to the correct party.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anette Skogseth Clausen

Thank you very much for your message. The field title "No." is missing inbetween "Page" and "Year" in the Sande emigration database. I will correct it as soon as I get access to the file with the english structure, but that is unfortunately not today.And yes, the years from 1847-1878 are missing from the database, the owners of the data, RHK Sande, are the only one to answer the question why, but I will correct the title of the database, so the years are right. Please e-mail RHK Sande for comments on the missing years: sandebib@vf.fylkesbibl.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 7 måneder senere...
Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen

Innflytta (overskriften sier Immigrants) til Sande 1816-1903 dekker tilsynelatende perioden 1807-1903. Og for en del av postene er feltene forskjøvet, slik at bl.a. flytteår kommer i kolonnen for fornavn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.