Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#553] Emigrants From Trondheim Headings

Gjest Mike Peterson
 Del

Gjest Mike Peterson

I enjoy using Emigrants very much; have found three ancestors, and am very grateful for finding this web site. I am very frustrated at other times in finding other ancestors and maybe if some of the other columns had headings it might help. I know for example I might have better luck if I search on destination. Also, there are many columns which don't have headings so don't know what they mean. I know you don't have many staff and are very busy. Am wondering, with these questions: 1) When will the other headings for columns appear? 2) When will we be able to search on other columns, like 'destination.' 3) Is it possible to download database and maybe do our own searches on our computer? Thanks again for everything you do and a great web site. Mike

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anette Skogseth Clausen

I am sorry the rest of the headings are gone, they should have been there. Unfortunately I am unable to add the headings until tomorrow morning. In the mean time you can perhaps use the Norwegian version?Destination is "Reisemål" in Norwegian, "Medbrakte penger"=Cash, Agent is Agent in both languages; "Linje" means Line, "Skip"=Ship, "Frakt"=Freight (one for "kroner", and one for "øre"), "Billett"=Ticket, Prepaid is English; "Årsak"=Aim, "Ønsket yrke"=New occupation, "Statsborgerskap="Nationality", "Reisetillatelse"=Travel permit, "Merknader"=RemarksNo it is not possible to download the databases to your computer. The National Archives in Norway and the various contributors in the Digital Inn hold the rights for their material, the material shall not be distributed in any other way than through the Digital Archives.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mike Peterson

Thank you Anette - also for the translations. The Norway version is a little slower for me but I'm getting through it pretty good now. Thanks again. Mike

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.