Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1549] Error in a Township Listing - (Emigrants From Nor

Gjest Martha Jane Hicks
 Del

Gjest Martha Jane Hicks

I am in contact with a researcher by the name of Cathy Walker of Sioux Falls, SD (who has worked with Professor Naeseth). She recently sent me actual copies of the census pages for some relatives of mine from the 1880 census for Minnehaha County, Dakota Territory. I was confused when I saw the census pages from her, because they were from Split Rock Township, whereas in the online version of the census, the township for these relatives is shown to be Valley Springs. I had Cathy look into the discrepancy, and she said that she sees that there is no listing at all for Split Rock Township in the online census, which is a definite error. She said that in the original 1880 source records, Valley Springs Township precedes Split Rock Township. When the residents for Split Rock were included in the online census, someone overlooked the fact that the listings for Valley Springs Township were finished and the next set of listings were supposed to be in Split Rock Township. So all the residents of Split Rock Township are incorrectly listed as being in Valley Springs instead. The family that I was dealing with is that of "Iver Olson" age 72. Can a correction be made for the online Dakota Territory census?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Martha Jane Hicks

It might be an error in Professor Naeseth's work, in which case the actual 1880 census of Dakota Territory may need to be checked. If you need help, let me know. (Incidentally, I wish to thank everyone who had anything to do with putting the 1880 censuses online. They are a priceless research tool. Thank you!!)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.