Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1881] Need to understand farm animal and crop units, 186

Gjest Don Pederson
 Del

Gjest Don Pederson

I may have missed this in the questions already asked but would like to know the units of the farm animals and crops given in the Løiten area in the 1865 Census. The names with my translations include: hester (horses), stort kveg (cattle), får (sheep), svin (pigs), kveite (wheat), geit (goats), rug (rye), bygg (barley), blandkorn (barley/oats), havre (oats0, erter (peavine), and poteter (potato). The animal unit would appear to be head but the numbers for crops are often fractions so I assume would be the 1865 unit like acre in the USA.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kathy Bergan Schmidt

Go to the search form for the 1865 census. Click on the link in the last paragraph for the Norwegian Historical Data Center (at the University of Tromso). When at the homepage, choose "information in English". When the English menu comes up, choose "Getting into the Norwegian census" and you will have a goldmine of information before you -- including the answer to your question.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.