Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#1947] Where is Darnes Pr.?

Gjest Kathleen Roush
 Del

Gjest Kathleen Roush

In looking for my family, I found my father's father's mother's father listed in the 1865 census as being born in Darnes Pr. In searching the censuses, Jørgen SIVERTSEN is the only entry listing that location. Could it be a typographic error for another place? There is a posibility he was from Germany. How can I find out? Thank you very much for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

Seem to be a misreading or typo. To be quite sure, the original has to be checked. A guess could be "Dønnes". However, that was just a sub-parish not a main parish as "Prg." (= Prestegjeld) indicate.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Olav Egner

Looking into the information which is available I think Jørgen Sivertsen may have come to Brønø (today Brønnøy?) from Ørnes. Someone with easy access to the original handwritten registration of the 1865 cencus and the registration of birth and comfirmation records of Ørnes pluss his marriage in Brønø could prove me right or wrong.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse K. Kristiansen,

According to Sømna bygdebok volume 2 Jørgen Sivertsen was born at Åsen, Lesja prgj. Oppland. He came to Stene farm, Vik (=Sømna today)in Brønø parish from Molde in 1845. Jørgen Sivertsen was born in 1817 as son of carpenter and cotter Sivert Jørgensen and wife Ingrid Hågensdtr. Skredder-Brenna, Åsen, Lesja. He married Anne Marie Olsdtr. from Olderbakken, Sømna in 1847. Jørgen died in 1873; Anne was born in 1823 and died in 1904 in USA (ND), probably at her daughter's Johanne in Oakes ND. Is this the right family?In the Census, the head of the family told where he was born to the man filling the form. Jørgen might have given a wrong name, it might have been miswritten by the one putting it on paper or misinterpreted by the person who made the file of the 1865 Census.I can get more info on the other children of Jørgen and Anne. Anne Marie's parents were Ole Paulsen Brun b.ab.1782, d.1835 in the Lofoten area during the fisheries, and Anne Marte Brynoldsdtr.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Breivik

By checking the original it is understandable that this have been read Darnes, but I think the correct reading is Dovres Prg., i.e. Dovre parish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arne Olav Egner

Sorry, I kicked the ball partly in wrong direction, but at least got it into action/play again. Now a "system" question. Based on the information here collected would it be correct to change the wording in the electronic database. As Tor Breivik states it is understandable that the interpretation of the handwritten original was Darnes but the correct wording most probably is Dovres Prg. As I see it such an action would offer no violation to, or lack of respect for the original database?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Åse K. Kristiansen,

To me it's quite clear that Dovres pr. is correct. In 1801 Hans Hansen is a tailor, living at Brennen farm, Dovre, with wife Anne Olsdtr. and 2 children, as well as her two sons Siver and Ole Jørgensen. In 1809 Hans Hansen is registered as pioneer at SkredderBrende in Dovre. Skredder means Tailor. Jørgen Sivertsen is babtised July 19.th 1817 Lesja; parents Siver Jørgensen and Ingrid Haagensdtr., SkredderBrenna.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Jan Oldervoll

We do not correct single records. This is a matter of principle, but a very practical principle: We do no not have the necessary workforce to do the checking and correcting of errors. If we started doing it, we would have dozens of requests every day. We have close to 10 million records in our databases, and even if a very small proportion is wrong, it would still be far too much for us to handle.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.