Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#3315] Reiersgaard, Buskerud, Flå

Gjest Linda Lauricella
 Del

Gjest Linda Lauricella

I am trying to find family and information in Norway about Ole Olsen Reiersgaarden, born 1823 and Astrid Evensdatter, born 1819. Ole was also known as Tollefsrudeie. They had children Even Olsen, Ole Olsen, Torger Olsen, and Anne (?). The sons all came to America between 1875 and 1884.I have found information about a family line that runs parallel to this line, that are most likely cousins, but I am stuck on this line. I have searched the census on the University of Bergen site, and found some information in the 1801 and 1865 census, but the census I need is not available there. This generation would be on the census between 1801 and 1865. The families were on the Tollefsrud, Reiersgaarden, Stillingen, Engen, Hei, and Vee Farms at different times.I don't speak or read Norwegian (except for a few key words!). Can anyone suggest a direction to find more information?Thanks!Linda

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ole Bernt Gammelsaeter

They are all there at "Reiersgaarden under 58,61" in Flaae, Naes in Hallingdal in 1865 Ole Ols. "Husmand med Jord" 42 years old, Astri Evensd. 46 y., Even Ols. 14 y., Ole Ols. 10 y., Torger Ols. 1y. Flaa Bygdebok would probably be a good place to look.Best Regards Ole Bernt

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tormod Thoresen

Hi Linda.You better write to Terje Østro in Gol in Hallingdal. He was the editor of the family and farmsbook from Gol. He is writing a same book from Flaa and Nesbyen.His adress is: Terje ØstroN. 3550 GOL Norway.He does not have Internett yet, so you better use the postmail, not email.Take care Tormod

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Linda Lauricella

Thanks Ole, I appreciate your looking up the information. Unfortunately, that is the information I already had. I was able to get the census from the National Archives (Bergen) site. What I need is a census earlier than that. I need to locate the daughter Anne (I suspect she was already living away from home, or possibly not born by 1865), and the parents of Astrid Evensdatter or Ole Olsen. Do you know if there is an earlier census available?Tormod, I appreciate the information about Terje. I will send a letter right away. I wonder if he can read English??Norway is the first country I have tried to locate ancestors in, I appreciate your patience. Can you tell me the difference between a Bygdebok and a Kirkebøker? Which one should I be looking in? Is this something I can purchase, or can you suggest where I might find a copy?One last question if you don't mind. I know that families took the name of the farm where they lived. I keep finding the names with an "en" an "eie" or no extension on the name. Is there a reason for this or is it just the way it was recorded?Thanks again for helping, genealogists and NORWEGIANS are the NICEST people!Linda

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tormod Thoresen

Hi Linda!Kirkebøker is the norwegian name on the church records. They are more reliable than some bygdebøker. It means farm and family stories books.My father came from Flå/Gulsvik and I have been sending some information about your people in US. It was last year and in this winter. I couldn't remember it all, but I think they had taken the Gordon name. I will try to find out.I have been trying to find some family in US the past 1 1/2 year, and I got a very good help from John in Hallinglaget. He found my family in some small areas in Minnesota in the census 1900 and 1920.Then I wrote to the Historical Society ind that area and got a very god help.I even mailed a questions to the editor of The Argus Leaders in Siuox Falls in SD and got some help with a obituary to a cousin of my father.Suddenly I have 30 1. cousins in the States. I have contact with 7 of them by email.Best RegardsTormod

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Linda Lauricella

Add many more cousins to your list!!! I'm certain you were talking with Laura Gorden who lives in Seattle (about 60 miles North from me). Until one hour ago, I had been unable to connect my Reiersgaard line to hers, but I just found Astrid Evensdatter and Ole Olsen Reiersgaard in the Flaa Parish records and it looks like Astrid Evensdatter is the sister of Ole Evensen Reiersgaarden. Her father is Even Christensen. That means FINALLY I am able to make the connection!My husband's great grandfather married Helga Halvorsdatter Engen who is connected to the Gulsvik families.If you email me directly, I will fill you in with the details, as soon as I figure out exactly how this all fits!Thanks again for the help!Linda jtlauricella@uswest.net

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tormod Thoresen

Hi Linda.Yes it was Laura Gordon I had contact with. To night I will be able to find out some more, and I emailing you directelyTormod

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.