Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#3556] hjelpe!!enok johannesson-fuglestad,eikeland,bjerkr

Gjest ken enger
 Del

Gjest ken enger

i would like information on parents of enok johannesson[b.30 oct 1833,eikland,married 18 jun 1859]and wife ingeborg maria torgersdatter[b. 13 nov 1835,bjerkreum].also on their dauhter-ingeborg[b.25 oct 1870,fuglestad]my grand mother,married sivert holland.what happened to her brothers torger b.28 may 1864 and jonas b. 7 oct 1867 and sister berthine b.11 dec 1874?? haper pa hjep -------ken enger

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Egil Thee Danielsen

Dear retiree Ken Enger,Your space-devoid telegramish lowercase style is a rather disturbing whim that might not properly forward your messages which, incidentally, are posted in a debate forum created for the need of hobby genealogists, and not dumped in the letter box belonging to a professional genealogical researcher doing research for an hourly fee.Seven contributions — con…tribulations — in a row! A little bit presumptuous, don’t you think?Yours respectfully

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

There are not many rules for the use of this forum, and the only form of censorship will be taken care of by the editor.The third forum is designed for questions you want to ask other users, e.g. information about persons.It is important that you choose to create a new letter (New topic) and not just adds it to an already existing one when you have a new topic you want to discuss.The questions should of course be understandable for other users, in the best interest of us all.In short - feel free to ask your questions!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ken Enger

TO: Egil Tee Danielsen--Having studied your comments iam troubled and unable to sleep.what did i say to warrent such a hostil respons-you left me bleeding on the floor.If i offended anyone i apologize. Egil, a word of advice -the world is not a perfect place-get over it and get a life. Any way my wife keeps me posted on all of my short commings, but in a more positive way.Lets be friends. Warm reguards, ken [ps GOD loves you and the rest of us are trying] kenger@bellsouth.net

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Egil Thee Danielsen

Writing with only capital letters — or in your case, with only minuscules — is a habit that does not duly consider the recipient of the message who normally is a person with conventional habits (like myself). Furthermore, even if most Norwegians would eagerly display their command of English, your message is actually being transmitted across a linguistic border, a fact that requires rather more precision than less.Majuscule writing — generally agreed upon to be cumbersome — is surprisingly widespread in the US, probably due to a miscalculation as to how to enhance precision. Some people don’t realize that instead of shouting to the deaf, their message should be conveyed in another way. And if “space-devoid telegramish lowercase style” does indeed take less space, this should not really be a concern when the “publishing house” is Internet.Leonardo da Vinci’s handwriting can only be read through a mirror, and the ancient Greeks never put a space between words — or even wrote ‘boustrophedon’. Some modern conventional habits should invariably be conserved. And pointing out this should not be cracked down upon by the editor, especially not by implying the term ‘censorship’ to explain my motives.Bottom line, my “hostile response” boils down to assessing reasonable writing habits common to most of us. In this respect, why should Internet be any different from a newspaper? When browsing through Internet fora like «Digitalarkivet», it is a nuisance when you feel obliged to “decipher” what people write, especially when you are curious about their message — like yours.And voilà, your follow-up of my comments reveals that basically we don’t disagree! The same happens to be the case with a person whose contribution immediately followed yours (cf. subject n° 1448) and whose capital letter writing generated a “coordinated reaction” from me.The present debate fora owe their excellence to the coinvolvement of numerous participants constantly suggesting and debating improvements. I am sorry if, at this juncture, you and Mr. Nedrebø felt ’twas caviar to the general.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Gunleif Seldal

Enok Johannessens parents:Johannes Eilevsen (05.03.1809-15.03.1882), born at Sunvor in Bjerkreim, married 06.04.1830 to Bodhild Enoksdatter (09.03.1803-25.04.1892), born at Bjerkreim farm in Bjerkreim. They lived at Øvre Eikeland farm in Ogna parish.Ingeborg Maria Torgersdatters parents:Torger Halvardsen (1799-23.07.1863), born at Nedrebø in Bjerkreim, married 15.06.1817 to Ingeborg Viljensdatter (1795-15.10.1886), born at Hegelstad in Bjerkreim. They lived at Lintjørn farm in Ogna parish.Enok (30.10.1833-25.06.1894) probably born at Sunvor, and Ingeborg Maria (13.11.1835-1916) probably born at Nedrebø, lived at Fuglestad, Ogna parish, and had 4 children:1. Torger (28.05.1864-23.08.1922) married 14.12.1888 to Abigael Karlsdatter (13.01.1863-16.02.1960) from Sirdal. They were farmers at Fuglestad and had 4 children.2. Jonas (07.10.1867-22.10.1958) married 07.02.1890 to Karen Olena Berntsdatter (13.01.1865-18.10.1962)from Gjermestad. They were farmers at Fuglestad and had 10 children.3. Ingeborg (25.10.1870-?), married 1893 to Sivert Henriksen (13.09.1868-18.10.1957), born at Vetteland; living at Grønnefed under Ogna. Moved to Vigrestad in 1908, went twice to USA, lived in between at Opstad. (Can you provide more details? I'm interested)4. Berthine (11.12.1874-06.07.1959), married 1897 to Ivar Sivertsen (13.08.1870-1934), born at Matingsdal and farmer there. They had 10 children.best regards GSPS: With reference to all answers: Information based on "Gards og Ættesoga for Haa" by Torgeir Edland; vol. I: Nærbø 1971, vol. II: Varhaug, Vigrestad 1972, vol. III: Ogna 1975, and also cencuses 1801, 1865, 1900 for Rogaland.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.