Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#3603] SVENSKGJERDET, Inderoen

Gjest Nancy Gustafson
 Del

Gjest Nancy Gustafson

Help!!! I think I find my family living on this farm in the 1865 and 1900 census (but I'm not sure) but cannot locate information on it anywhere. It does not appear under Farm Names nor does it appear under this name in the 1886 Matrikkel. Does anyone know where I should look?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Knowing a little about naming customs in Trøndelag, my guess is that "Svenskgjerdet" is the local, non-official (and pin-pointing) name of a farm at Inderoen. The name tells that the place at some point in time had been owned or farmed by a swede (or family with swedish roots).Believe this is the reason for the absence of the name in the official documents.Kjell H

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Gustafson

Hi. I know I find it in the Censuses for 1865 and 1900 but why can't I find it under farm names? Or in the 1886 Matrikkel? I am trying to look at this farm in the 1801 census and it doesn't exist. Why? I believe that Mortinus Pers. listed in the 1865 census is my g-g-g-grandfather and want to find out what his father's name was..or at least try to trace through the farm history.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

If you look up the 1900 census again, you'll see (if you read norwegian) that it's noted that the 3 Svenskgjerdet "farms"/places are not registered in the Matrikkel.(!)The reason might be that Svenskgjerdet (svensk=swedish, gjerdet=field) where established by scarecroppers (swedish?) on property, not belonging to any farm. (State property?). If Svenskgjerdet had been split off from a registered farm, it would definetely have been given at least one # in the Matrikkel.There might be books with local history (farms and people) from Inderoen which can give you more detailed information.Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Marianne Hella

My ancestors Johannes Jensson and Pauline lived at Svenskgjerdet 1. Svenskgjerdet did belong to the farm Bye. In the 1865 and 1900 censuses, the individual names of the little homes are given. But in the 1801 census they only give the name of the main farm, and list all occupants of the smaller places under the name of the main farm. If you try to read the names under Bye, you might find your ancestors there. On the other hand, people did move around a lot these days, and I think it's unlikely that your family would stay in one home for the 64 intervening years. However, this restlessness may be true only for my family, so good luck. Alas, I do not have the Inderøen books myself, but would be happy to try and look up some info for you next time I go to the library. Maybe we're even related? My mail adress is: marianne.hella@posten.no

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.