Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#3767] SIGHOLT - SIEGHOLT - SIEGHOLD

Gjest Gralf M. Sieghold
 Del

Gjest Gralf M. Sieghold

In the norwegian 1801 and 1865 census I recently found several familynames SIGHOLT. In the danish census I found the familyname SIEGHOLT and in Germany and the USA I found some 400 (I blieve all)persons born with the name SIEGHOLD/T/TZ since 1711 which I can trace back to one single HINRICH SIEGHOLT. I now come to believe that there are links between these familynames and I am trying to find them. Who can help me on norwegian families/relatives named SIGHOLT? Is there a phoneregister on CD of Norway ? There is a scientist TRYGVE SIGHOLT. If he could contact me? Or what story does the ballad of Kapitaenlieutenant SIGHOLT tell? Sorry, Im not speaking norwegian but Im trying to learn more abt. norwegian/danish history, as I believe its necessary to dive deep into it to find our ancestors.- Your reply is very much anticipated. Thank You very much Gralf Sieghold.-

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Sølvi Arntzen

In my database I have the following Sigholts, all descendants from a lieutenant-colonel at the regiment in Opland, Israel Olaus Sigholt, born in Vardøhus, Finnmark, April 26th 1724, died in Molde, Møre and Romsdal April 28th 1794. He was married to Cecilia Dahl. ("Militærbiografier II" by Olai Ovenstad). Cecilia Dahl was born in Frederikshald (Halden), Østfold) 1736 and died 1809 in her daughters home at Vestad, Møre and Romsdal. ("Familjerne Lossius og Brandt" by Wilhelmine Brandt) Children: Ane Cathrine Margrete Sidelmann Sigholt, born Oktober 7th 1756 in Fredrikstad, Østfold, died 1841 at Vestad, Møre and Romsdal. She got married in Molde, Møre and Romsdal? 1788 to captain in the 2nd regiment in Trondheim, Christoffer Lorentz Nilsen Lossius. ("Familjerne Lossius og Brandt" by Wilhelmine Brandt) Peter Lorentz Sidelmann Sigholt, captain in the 2nd regiment in Trondheim, custom house officer/treasurer (tollkasserer) in Drammen, Buskerud, Minister of Justice (justisråd), born Mars 28th 1768 at Vardøhus, Finnmark, died Mars 21th 1835 at Eidsvoll, Akershus. He got married February 9th 1792 in Frue church in Trondheim to Maren Anna Wittrup, born April 5th 1774 in Innherred, died November 15th 1853 in Bergen. ("Familjerne Lossius og Brandt" by Wilhelmine Brandt)Peter and Maren Anna had 12 children, among them: Cecilia Birgitta Sigholt, born August 12th 1792, died 12 mai 1872, she got married June 16th 1815 in Drammen, Buskerud, to merchant in Christiania (Oslo), Christian Schultz Benneche, born 3 mars 1790, died May 5th 1878. ("Familjerne Lossius og Brandt" by Wilhelmine Brandt) Birgitte Lucie Sigholt, born November13th 1805, she got married July 4th 1833 to head doctor in Bergen, Daniel Moldenhawer Bull. ("Familjerne Lossius og Brandt" by Wilhelmine Brandt) Martin Adolf Sigholt, vicar in Steigen, Nordland 1838, in Tinn, Telemark 1849, dean in Eastern Telemark 1855, born 1810, married to Johanne Jacobine Støren. (Biogr. efterretn. om Geistligh. i Tromsø stift, by Erlandsen)Son of Martin og Johanne: Johan Jacob Sigholt, head of an office in the Telegraph Company, born February 16th 1844 in Steigen, Nordland, he got married in 1878 to Marie Louise Frost. (Ill.biogr.leksikon, red. Nanna With, 1920)The sources are in parenthesis behind the text.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gralf M. Sieghold

Dear Mrs. Arntzen.- I just had a phonecall with a lady at the digitalarchive at Bergen, who told me that there is a message for me in the forum. I very much thank you for all the informations, and I shall slowly read through it and place names etc. into the tree I have already prepared for the norwegian branch. If you are interested in the german Sieghold-branch I could give you the dates of some 1600 members of all the Sieghold families in Germany and the USA. I am working with the american version 5 of Family Tree Maker and it would be great if you do it as well, which would make things easier to pass on details. Anyhow I am very happy to have made the step into Norway, and I am sure that within a year I shall visit the country with my wife. I am a retired captain (merchant marine), married since 41 years and have started with family research abt. 10 years ago. I would also be very pleased if you would allow me to ask further questions in the near future. In Denmark I found all SIGHOLT written SIEGHOLT. And I found all the norwegian and danish Siegholt through the Mormon church in just putting the various spellings into the query form.- For today I again thank you so much and am with best regards and wishing you a wonderful day Gralf M. Sieghold

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.