Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#3785] Hedmark Geography

Gjest Sue Barham
 Del

Gjest Sue Barham

When attempting to use the Rygh Farm Index to trace my ggrandfather's family, I cannot seem to get past the initial step because I don't understand the divisions used. I have found a potential patriarch, Ole Haagensen who lived at Ringsager parish, on Marchind Øvre farm in 1801. He had a son, Haagen Olsen, an unmarried 16 year old. I believe this same Haagen Olsen, age 80 in the 1865 census, lived in Vaaler parish, on Rudsrønningen* farm. (the sister of my ggrandfather was Olia, and Haagen has a daughter with this name listed.) Do I have this right.....? The kommune is Hedmark, the municipality is either Ringsager or Vaaler, the parish is as I have indicated? I am experiencing the same problems with ancestors from Buskerud. The data from the digital archives doesn't seem to be contained in the Rygh index.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Ove Gabrielsen

There is/was a farm in Vaaler called Rud, which is the closest I get to Rudsrønningen. As I can see in the Rygh Farm Index, both 'Rud' and 'rønning' means 'rydning', which can be explained as open (farm)land in the woods.Hede(e)mark is a 'fylke' or 'amt', not a 'kommune'. Ringsager and Vaaler is both a 'kommune'. (Today, Ringsaker and Våler).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.