Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#4406] Nicoline Antonette Eugenia Westbye, b. 1858 in Chr

Gjest Pearl Danroth
 Del

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Seeking information on NICOLINE ANTONETTE EUGENIA WESTBYE (Vestbye) born May 11, 1858 in Christiania. She was the fosterchild of Karen Larsdatter and Martin Fredriksen.In the 1875 census, Nicoline Antonette Vestbye, Karen and Martin Fredriksen lived at Nytorvet 4, Kristiania.In the 1865 census, her name is recorded as Lina Antonte Augenie Westye (8 years old)living with Karen Larsdatter and Martin Fridrichsen at Storgaden, Vors Freslers Menighed, Kristiania.Nicoline married (Glasmester) Martinius Johansen around 1882 and had 6 children when they left Oslo in June 1900 for the USA.Any information on Nicoline's natural parents, siblings (had a sister, Tina?, and a brother Charlie?), or where I could search for these records, would be greatly appreciated.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Normann

Pearl! I found her! Oslo Domkirke Church-records Mini15, page 86 no. 152 Born May 11, christening April 6 1858. Nicoline Antonette Eugenia Parentes: Laborer Andreas Johnsen Westby and his wife Marthe Oline ChristinasdatterNo adress or ages are mentioned. The witnesses were hard to read, but some of them: Søren Holt (merchant), Biørn Ellingsen, Carpenter M.... and unmarried girl Anne Johannesdatter. The last one, Anne might be Andreas' sister.Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Normann

Hi again, Pearl! Take a look at this link: Census 1865This is maybe Nicolines brother, Carl Andreas (Charles). And, Christian might be Andreas Johnsens brother. I will see if I find Carls birthrecord. Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Laila Normann

And, in the 1865-census, I found Andreas Johns. Westby as a widower and I think in prison: Grønlandsleret 44 (Bodsfængslet) Grønlands enighed ChristianiaNumber 36588 14 Anders Johns. Westby Carpenter widower, age 49, born in ChristianiaThat might be the reason the children were in foster homes in the 1865-census. Laila

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Pearl Danroth

Laila, I think you are on the right track. I've checked out CARL ANDREAS WESTBY in the 1865 census and see he is living with Christian and Karen Johnsen. When Nicoline's brother came to the USA, he went by the name - Charlie Johnsen or maybe Johnson! Most Scandinavians seemed to change the name Carl to Charlie/Charles when they emigrated. They also had to take a surname and I presume Charlie chose Johnsen rather than Westby!I also noticed that the owner of this "domicile" is "Anders Johns. Vestby" and his name is entered further down the page. Could this also be some relative?Your reason for the children being in foster homes makes sense and makes me wonder why was he in prison??Once again, THANKS for your help. Hope to hear from you, Pearl

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.