Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5361] Osmund Østergaard, b 1848 Avaldsnes Sta

Gjest Arne Mikal Mikkelsen
 Del

I am looking for Information on Osmund Østergaard b 1848 Avalsnes. I found the family in the 1900 Census in Skaare, Gardsnavn Sørhaug. I cannot find that family on the farm Østergaard in the 1865 census. I can find an Osmund Andersen b 1848,in the 1865 census for the farm Østevig. I would like any information on the Østergaard family mentioned in the 1900 census. Mathius Østergaard was my great-uncle (by marriage)and he helped raise me after my father died in 1950. Mathius died in 1957 in Staten Island,NY.If there is any information on Osmunds wife Signe b 1864 in Sveen, I would like information on her as well. Mathius had a nephew so there must have been a brother or sister. I have a family picture with father, mother, Mathius and an older woman, who may have been his sister.TakkArne Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Magne Førre

Dear Arne According to Bygdebok for Skaare, p.875, Osmund Johannes Jakobsen (1846 - 1923)parents were Jacob Osmundsen (Snauhammer) Førre (Avaldsnes) and Marta Jensine Larsdatter. There will be more about their ancestors in the Avaldsnes bygdebok. Jakob Mandius Osmundsen was the son of Osmund in his first marriage (wife: Anna Margrethe Tjerandsdtr. Tømmerdal (Skåre) (1845 - 1886). There were two more children in that marriage, Tea Bertine and Osmuund Johan Mattias. In his second marriage (1891), to Sygni Gurina Knutsdotter (1864 - 1945) he had a daughter, Signe Osmanda, born 1909.Jakob Mandius Osmundsen was married 1904 to Siri Joakobsdtr, daughter of Jakob Matihassen and Anna Olsdtr. Sørhaug.According to bygdebok for Skåre, Mandius took over the farm Østergard after his parents in 1923.Best wishes from Magne Førre

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Magna,Thank you so much, I apologize for not writing back sooner, work gets in the way (not to mention the time differential).I truly appreciate all the time that you have spent giving me this information, tusen takk. My Onkel Matt was very special to me, and unfortunately he passed away when I was 10 years old and before I thought to ask him questions about his family in Norway.Thank you again.Arne Mikal

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.