Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5586] Local information needed - Oppland, Jevnaker

Gjest Edith McDougall
 Del

Gjest Edith McDougall

I am planning a trip to Jevnaker this Sept to do some genealogy look-ups on my grandmother. She (Karen Marie Rolfsen) is from the Haavesrud farm in Jevnaker. Does anyone out there have knowledge of this area? Thank you Edith

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Do you want to know the names of her parents or just where the farm is. When is she born? In the 1900 census I have found 4 farms with the name Haavelsrud in Oppland. 1 in Jevnaker and 3 in Lunner. Jevnaker and Lunner are neighbours. In Lunner I found Rolf Halvorsen b. 1851 and wife Marthe Olsdatter b. 1855 and a lot of children.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Edith McDougall

Berit: Thank you for your reply. Actually, I will be in Oslo/Jevnaker in Sept. to do some genealogy. I was hoping I would be able to find the farm and possibly church records. Rolf Halvorsen and Marthe Olsdatter are my great grandparents - my grandmother is Karen Marie Rolfsen. Would you know if there is a train going from the airport to Jevnaker? I see that Jevnaker has a hotel, but I have found no other information. I was also thinking of renting a car at the airport and driving to Jevnaker. Is this wise? This will be my first trip to Norway, and I can hardly wait!! Thank you......Edith

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I don't know about the train, but if I were you I would rent a car. It is som much to see. I belive you can find records about families from Jevnaker/Lunner/Gran some place in Gran, but I have forgotten where. Maybe someone else can tell you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

I told you something wrong before about Lunner. Lunner is a parish in Jevnaker clerical district. In 1900 Rolf Halvorsen= Haavelsrud in Lunner, 1865 Halvor Gudbrandsen Haavelsrud(Hovelsrud?), 1801 Gulbrand Ellensen Ballangrud I belive.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aud Sissel Nilsestuen

Hello Edith. Haavelsrud farm is in Lunner, there is at least three of them. Lunner was a part of Jevnaker once, so you are not wrong when you say Haavelsrud was in Jevnaker. Renting a car will be wise, it so much to see. Jevnaker, Lunner and Gran is all part of Hadeland. Welcome to Hadeland in September Edith. Aud Sissel

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aud Sissel Nilsestuen

Hey it's me again. Train goes from Gardemoen Airport to Oslo, then you can take a train to Roa, that's in Lunner. Well,I know now wich farm you should visit. Do you have some contact with your relatives in Norway? I don't know them in person, but I could give you some names if you gave me your E-mail address. Maybe you can reach contact with them. Aud Sissel :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tony Haavelsrud (Håvelsrud)

Hi Edith My name is Tony Håvelsrud and I was born and raised in Jevnaker. I guess you are looking for my family. Currently I live in Houston, Texas, but my family still live in Jevnaker and Lunner. I actually went for a 3 week vacation in Florida last summer.I have asked my family to find some more information about Karen Marie Rolfsen and your relatives. And they (or me) will probably put the information here.When you go to Norway in September, one way to go to Jevnaker is as Aud Sissel said, to rent a car and drive. That is probably a good idea, because that way it will be easy for you to see as much as possible and you can travel to places the public transportation system can not take you.It is also possible to take the bus from Gardemoen Airport (OSL) to Jevnaker.If you like to e-mail me, I will get you in touch with my family in Jevnaker and Lunner, and I am sure they would be glad to meet you when you come to Jevnaker. They will probably also be able to assist you regarding transportation and accomodation.My e-mail adress is: superto@hotmail.comTony

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Edith McDougall

Thank you Berit and Aud Sissal.....I appreciate your help. My e address is: eempem@gate.net

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.