Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#5975] Floden, Flaaden, Flaaten, Flato

Gjest John Floden
 Del

Gjest John Floden

First of all, I only speak English so I hope I'm filling this form out correctly. Please e-mail me at johnac2ary@cs.com if not.I am trying to research my family history. My last name is Floden, but I know the spelling has changed several times. I listed all the different spellings I have seen in the "Tittel" above.I am specifically trying to find information on my family that immigrated from Norway on 14 Apr 1882. I have part of the passage info from another source as "Johnnes Johannesen Flaaten and famil"I am hoping there is additional information listing who all came over together. I think there was at least Johnnes, his wife - Eli (or Ellen), and some of their children.Any additional information you could help me find would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and please respond only in English.Thanks,John Floden

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Odd Nystrøm

I think I found your ancestors. Johannes Johannessen Flaaten and his wife Eli Jacobsdatter left Bergen on April 14, 1882, bound for America. Johannes was born in 1846 in Etne, Hordaland county, while his wife was born in 1848, also in Etne. His occupation is listed as cotter (husmand). They had 4 children: Martha (b. 1871), Jacob (b. 1874), Johannes (b. 1878), and Sisille (b. 1879). You will probably find more information regarding Johannes and Eli in the 1865 census for Etne, Hordaland. Please let me know if you want any assistance looking into the parish records for their wedding or other events.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.