Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#6370] Ostrom, Paulson, Johnsdatter

Gjest Karen Ortiz
 Del

Gjest Karen Ortiz

I am not sure if this is where I could ask a question or not.....If not - I am sorry to intrude.I am searching for information on ancestors from Norway. We have the places that they were to have come from but I cannot match any of them up to Norway places I am finding on the web.Olena Paulson born 3-9-1846 at Lundehora-Lundeprestjel. Gunnel Paulson of Kettelsru Gunhild Johnsdatter of Setendal.It is obvious I am missing something can you give me a hint as to what??Thanks, Karen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You are quite close, Karen. Just some misspelling. Let me start with the most obvious clues. Lundeprestjel must be a misspelling of Lunde prestegjeld which is the name of a parish in the district of Telemark (Nome kommune). As far as I know, there is no place called Lundehora in this parish, but there is a farm called Lundefaret. This is a "subfarm" under a main farm called Ova or Oven in some sources.Kettelru seems to be a little wrong for

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inge Eikeland

I did my research at the same time as Knut, and I have found out allmost the same as him. I can add that all your farms are located in Telemark. I the 1865 cencus you find them under Bøe herad(county). Lunde is a sub-parish under Bøe, which is the main-parish.Kittilsrud is, like Knut says, a subfarm under Verpe, and has farmnumber 17,3. Lundefaret is a subfarm under Oven and has farmnumber 30,8.For Sættendal (also in Telemark) see here :

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.