Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#11474] Karoline Friis fra Danmark, på Hafstad, Førde, SF

Gjest Rune O. Steinset
 Del

Gjest Rune O. Steinset

Karoline Elisabet Nilsdtr Friis f.ca.1768 ble gift 9/4-1791 i Førde med Ivar Helgesen fra Hafstad. I følge bygdeboka var Karoline datter av en salmaker i Kjøbenhavn. Ho kom til Førde med hushaldet til futen Lambrechts på Bruland. Er det nokon som veit noko om hennes foreldre?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 år senere...
Gjest Dale Tuvey

Karoline Elisabeth Nilsdatter Friis (KENF) is my 4th great grandmother. I wrote an inquiry on this forum several months ago seeking information about her and got the information that Rune related above. Unfortunately I do not read or write Norwegian but from what I can make out he is asking the same question I asked - that is, who are KENF's parents and family? I still do not know.If someone could translate 'hushaldt til futen Lambrechts på Bruland' I would appreciate it. I assume Lambrechts is a person and Bruland is a place, but who is Lambrechts, where is Bruland, and why was she with him? From answers to my inquiry before I think someone wrote that Lambrechts was a deputy or commissioner but I did not understand what position that might be.I am related to KENF through a daughter of KENF and Ivar Helgesen, Kari Ivarsdatter. I have information about the other children and Kari's descendents if either Rune or Irene are interested. Are either or both of you related to KENF? Do you have additional information about the family? I would be interested in exchanging information either in this forum or outside of it via e-mail if either of you are interested.There is another woman in Bergen or Oslo, I can not remember which, who was asking about KENF in this forum too, but she never did respond to any responses to her original post. This traveling Dane (KENF) is quite a popular woman after 300 years. Wouldn't she be suprised to know that four strangers thousands of miles apart are interested in her after all that time?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

Thanks for the reply and information, Per. In the USA a bailiff is a courtroom assistant to a Judge. Is that the same in Norway or does the word bailiff have another meaning? Do you know where Bruland is?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nina Therese Brennesvik

The bailiff (in norwegian 'fut' or 'fogd') was in the 16th and 17th century the prosecuting autority in the lower courts in Norway, district courts and town courts. The bailiffs were employed by the state to keep law and order in their districts, and collect taxes and fines to the crown. They also had people in the parishes seeking law and order in their parish, in Norway known as 'lensmenn'. The 'lensmenn' were recruited from the 'upper class' of the farmers in the parishes. The bailiff could be a very rich and prominent farmer, one of the king's officials or he could be from the danish nobility.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dale Tuvey

Thank you Marita and Nina Therese for your information. It is very interesting. Now if I can just find out a little more about Karoline in Denmark. Hopefully someone has some information, as she seems to have a few people interested in her. Thanks again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.