Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#27100] Relatives of Olga Solberg

Gjest Nancy Wright
 Del

Gjest Eva McKenna

I think it is above doubt that Olga's mother is Agnes Olausdatter Solberg, daughter of Olaus Torkildsen Solberg.Foo - forgot to ask antie to find Trygve 'the Twin' as well. And his confirmation.There has to be more answers in the records. At least you know which ones to look at.It is also very good for you that it is Ås records and not the incomplete Frogn ones.Olga's uncle(Karl)Oscar Solberg dies in 1909. I wonder if there is a probate?Olga said she was from Drøbak, as Drøbak is nearer to Solberg/Klommesten, as the crow flies, or the horse trots, than Ås.As for Anton Sønju, and Ole Nævra, the only obvious connection between those two, is that both hail from Øvre Eiker in Buskerud.Could it be that Olga made friends with the Sønju-family onboard, and decided to use their details? Are you able to see from the written records who the Sønjus used as their referee, or who they were going to?Eva

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

I have looked at the emigration records again, and the Sonju family (I don't have the key on my computer keyboard to make the 'o' correct) listed Anders A. Sonju's father as their nearest relative in Norway. What is written is: Skotselven for Anders, and father-in-law for his wife. They don't list the name of the person who they were going to, only the location. Their place of birth is Eiker (I think, the copy is very faint). It's possible Olga listed Ole Naevra and Anton Sonju after making friends with this family on board.I was finally able to get to the Family History Library today to order some records. Unfortunately when I got there I realized I forgot to bring enough money to pay for all the records I hoped to order (duh!). I will go back soon to order the rest. I will look for Olga's twin when I get them.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva McKenna

Auntie has done it again!But it turns out that Olga was NOT Trygve's twin after all. He was her cousin.It was Agnes' (also unmarried) twin sister Elida who gave birth to Trygve, on 9th.July 1884. Trygve was however, christened on the same day and in the same church, Ås kirke, as Olga, 22 07 1894.Trygve's father was Karl Johan Karlsen of Drøbak, a swedish shoemaker's son b.1858.Auntie did not bother with Trygve's godparents as he was not directly invilved in Olga's line.However, reading his entry cleared up something else, as it said,___Skomager Holms gård. Har til Drøbaks ... prest ordkjent seg Barnefader (se A.S.J. No. 4) af Bedstefaderen anmeldet.which translates___Shoemaker Holm's house. Has admitted to Drøbak ...minister, that he is the childs father (see ASJ no.4) reported by the Grandfather.__With that knowledge, auntie was able to decipher that on Olga's entryunreadable ___Bedattfordnemannen__ does actually sayAnmeldt af ___Bedstefaderen___ nær (?) Drøbak.__Reported by the Grandfather near (?) Drøbak.___No CSA! But an equally stern grandfather!Incidently, Agnes and Elida were born 31 10 1872, and christened 13 04 1873 in Drøbak kirke. Agnes' godparents were Anniken Johnsen, Elise Kristensen, Anton Torersen, Karl Toresen, Ole Olsen.Enjoy the hunt for the rest of your relatives!Regards Eva ....and Auntie!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Nancy Wright

Wow - thank you again Eva and Auntie! This certainly clears up the mystery 'twin'. Interesting that the twin sisters had babies only weeks apart. I have requested the microfilm of the records anyway, and they are supposed to arrive in 4-6 weeks.Thank you again for all your help! Nancy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.