Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

Where is 1752-1819 Vassaas Bindal, Nordland church book?

Margaret Miller
 Del

I can't find the church book for Bindal (Vassaas) for 1752-1819. I have copied it long before DA, and I now can't find the original in DA.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Oh golly, if you put in Bindal under prestegjeld, that book does not show up. One needs to put in Nordland Fylke, then Vassaas Sokn and it will show up. It should show up under Bindal also, but at least I found it.  

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

18 timer siden, Margaret Miller skrev:

I can't find the church book for Bindal (Vassaas) for 1752-1819. I have copied it long before DA, and I now can't find the original in DA.

18 timer siden, Margaret Miller skrev:

Oh golly, if you put in Bindal under prestegjeld, that book does not show up. One needs to put in Nordland Fylke, then Vassaas Sokn and it will show up. It should show up under Bindal also, but at least I found it.  

Bindal prestegjeld (parish) was not established until 1815. Prior to this; Vassås sokn (local parish) was part of Brønnøy prestegjeld. That is why the church book don't show up when you search for Bindal prestegjeld.

It is not necessary to put in Nordland fylke; it is sufficient to put in Vassås sokn: https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/kb/browse?parishes[0]=1811S1

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes, but when one puts in Bindal under Prestegjeld, all the Vassaas and Solstad books should show up. I finally figured out where to find it. Thanks for the response. I haven't been on the Forum for years.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

2 timer siden, Margaret Miller skrev:

Yes, but when one puts in Bindal under Prestegjeld, all the Vassaas and Solstad books should show up. I finally figured out where to find it. Thanks for the response. I haven't been on the Forum for years.

No, because Vassås and Solstad belonged to Brønnøy prestegjeld before 1815. All church books are listed with the prestegjeld and sokn relevant to the time period of each church book.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider