Arkivverket

Military Records

Murray Rystead

Murray Rystead

I was doing some research but had no success finding anything.....

I find it hard to navigate the digital archive site. Been searching for the past 3 hours.

I'm wondering if there is anything on these two serving in the military?

Tarjei Svenkesson Uppstad
&
Tarjei Knutsson Uppstad
image.png.f5a837392f8a79caaf33901450f9b2a6.pngimage.png.88dcca31c33acff69db0034dcb021681.png

Gunnar Sigdestad
På 28.10.2020 den 1.31, Gunnar Sigdestad skrev:

I'm just curious about what info was found on your grandfather?

Sorry, I meant your great grandfather, Olav Rysstad's, born 1877, records.

• Like 1
Murray Rystead

Gunnar the information was very brief for Olav Rysstad. He was a private that was part of the linjen (regular army). Found his service # too. He was part of the Kristiansand Brigade I think. I do have a picture of him in uniform I believe along with his younger brother Olav Rysstad. There were two Olav brothers. 

• Like 1
Murray Rystead

Tarjei Knutsson Uppstad/Helle b. 1781 may be found in the archives RA/EA-5420 Generalitetsog kommissariatskollegiet, Det kongelige norske kommissariatskollegium, series Eh – Ruller, mainly covering the period 1767-1815. This material has been digitized and published to Digitalarkivet: https://media.digitalarkivet.no/en/db/browse?archives[0]=no-a1450- 01000001367229. The military lists regarding Vesterlenske nasjonale regiment would probably be the best place to start.

this is what the archives told me concerning this great grandpa of mine. I tried searching this link but i can't read norwegian to be able to figure this out.

Tarjei Svenkesson Uppstad
&
Tarjei Knutsson Uppstad
image.png.88dcca31c33acff69db0034dcb021681.pngimage.png.f5a837392f8a79caaf33901450f9b2a6.png

Edited by Murray Rystead
Murray Rystead

I found some info on my great grandpa Olav Rysstad born in 1877 & his younger brother Olav Rysstad born in 1879
Could someone tell me what is being said for both of them in the photos down below?

olavrysstad2nd.JPG

soldieraccount olavrysstad.JPG